As many firms are executing contingency plans for the COVID-19 pandemic, traders can reliably run RiskVal if relocated to a BCP site with the backup & restore tool.
Contact RiskVal if you need help installing RVFI on your BCP PC.
This allows traders to take a copy of their existing sheets, settings, and strategies to transfer to another PC.
Step #1: How to create a backup
Before going to a BCP site, please backup your configurations with the following steps:
1. In the main desktop, click on “Tools” – “Backup Configuration”.
2. Then, make sure you get the confirmation that a back up has been uploaded.
3. Once, this pop up has appeared, you can close your RiskVal and log off this PC.
Step #2: How to restore your backup
When you arrive at your BCP site, restore the configurations with the following steps:
1. In the main desktop, click on “Tools” – “Restore Configuration”.
2. In the “Restore Configuration” popup, select the PC you would like to restore from and select the time you would like to restore.
3. In the “Restore Backup Confirmation” popup, click on “Restore All”
4. Finally, click on “Restart Now”
5. Once the application is up and running, your settings should be restored.